Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Blog Assignment


From looking back over this weeks assignment I was able to recognize a few similarities in my evaluation of myself.  When examing two other people, I noticed I was harder on myself in some areas than other people.  I feel that I am sensitive to the needs of people but, one person told me that I was not. Then on the other hand the other person agreed with me that I’m sometimes over sensitive to the needs of people.

The thing that surprised me was how honest the two people where with me during this assessment. I picked one person at work and my son to complete this assignment.  I was thinking that their answer would closely match my answer but they gave me a different truth.

The insight I gained was that I have to become a little more sensitive to people needs at work.  Another, insight I learned is that, I get very nerves when I speak in groups with people in power.

3 comments:

  1. Audrey,

    My mother in law has always said, "seldom do we see ourselves as others see us" this assignment was insightful, in that, I discovered many areas that I need improvement in, that I would'nt have known otherwise.

    Janille

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey,

    This assignment was a bit of an eye-opener for me as I learned a little about myself. My mother actually did one of my ratings and in talking with her afterwards I realize that while I am making improvements in the area of verbal aggressiveness there are some steps that still need to be taken on my part. I think we all learned a little something about ourselves but I think it is even more interesting to see how others, especially those close to us, perceive us.

    ReplyDelete