Tuesday, October 23, 2012


What I Have Learned

One hope that you have when you think about working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds (any format and any length) One hope that I have is for people of all cultures can learn from one another and are interested in the difference of one another.  It would be nice to accept our differences and learn to work together.  To see pass those difference and learn that our children can learn from each other regardless of our diversity and backgrounds.

One goal you would like to set for the early childhood field related to issues of diversity, equity, and social justice (any format and any length) When dealing with people who are different than myself whether that’s culture, religion or sexual orientation I want to be ready to be open-minded and accept people for who they are and not who I think they are.  Learning not to assume or have assumptions of others is a big move in the right direction.  I believe that I have learned that discomforts exist for a lot of us.  The main thing is not to react on those discomforts but learn how to over come them while treating everyone with respect.


I would like to say thanks to Barbara and Christiana for such spirited conversations.  I love the way each of you brought such creativy to our discussions.  It is awesome to see how each of us think and how we express those thoughts.



1 comment:

  1. Audrey,
    Thank you, our discussions were interesting and inspiring. Thank you for your perspectives, we can always express ourselves, not always agree but always respect each other for their ideas and understandings. Thank you, I think we are in the same discussion group in the next class, we have lots more to learn together.

    ReplyDelete