Sunday, May 13, 2012

MY FAMILY CULTURE


My Family Culture

I would choose the Bible, water and a family picture

I would explain to others that the Bible contains guidance for every situation you find your self in.  This book was the first book that was given to me as a child.

My family photography gives me a visual of the people I was created from and helps me to remember my roots.

I list water as an item because I would not be sure if the water supply would be drinkable or if the taste would be so different than what I am use to.  By having my own water supply would probably help me tolerate the rest of my new surrounds better.

If, I was told that upon arrival, that I had to give up two of my three items I would feel confused, maybe thinking it must be a miss communication and lastly I would comply with the request.  After going through all that I had been through at that point I feel personal the best thing is to go alone with what people in authority have to say.

After completing this exercise it gave me food for thought.  For example it made me think about what is important to me and what is important to my family and what represents me as a person.  All of the things I listed in my assignment represent my family culture the difference in me as a person and the diversity of my culture.




2 comments:

  1. I also picked two of the three things that you listed and I think these are things that make me realize that although our cultures are in many ways different, that there may be some common ground that all of us can reach. When we find that we share even just one thing that is important to us, it allows us to all connect in a very special way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family photos are important and having that would remind you of that particular moment and would help get you through the situation.

    ReplyDelete