Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Final Blog Assignment

Final Blog Assignment


The three consequences that I learned from the international early childhood field is that Walden University was able to show me another picture of what is happening to children around the world.  Through that learning I realized that we too here in the United States have the same issues as it relates to children and finding funding for our programs.  I learned that international professionals have very similar trends and issues that they feel strongly about ensuring every child  receives an education.

One goal in regards to international awareness of issues and trends and collegial relations is sharing what I learned with my data team this school year.  I believe it is important to bring awareness to the teachers I work with that we may brainstorm how to become involved.  By brainstorming together ideas will help us be more successful as a school to become an active in a more visible way.
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Audrey. I am also very grateful for this assignment. I agree. We have learned that early childhood professionals around the world experience many of the same issues and trends that we do. Some countries are more fortunate and some are less fortunate. It really opens your eyes as to how lucky we are and how much we have to improve and grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said almost the exact same comments in my blog. Internationally and domestically, we are facing, researching, analyzing and strategizing some of the same issues and concerns impacting our young children. Thank you for your posts I have enjoyed reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can be thankful that although we share similar issues around the world, our children are not as often life threatened by their situations as other children around the world in places such as Africa. Here in the U.S. we have many valuable resources available. Learning about the EC field around the world has truly broadened our perspectives and shown us how our work can impact lives both locally and globally. I wish you great success in all your next steps! Thanks for all you have contributed!

    ReplyDelete