Friday, May 6, 2011

CURRRENT RELATIONSHIPS

RELATIONSHIP REFLECTION

RELATIONSHIPS ARE IMPORTANT TO ME BECAUSE THEY GIVE ME A SENSE OF BELONGING TO A REASON.  THEY GIVE ME A PURPOSE IN LIFE.  

I AM GREATLY ENRICHED WITH SEVERAL RELATIONSHIPS IN MY LIFE.  THE TWO THAT I AM GOING TO SHARE WITH YOU IN MY BLOG ARE MY DOGS.  THE FIRST ONE I WILL SPEAK ABOUT IS "MIDGET MARIE HUDSON WINTERS."  SHE IS NO LONGER WITH ME!  MIDGET DECIDE TO GO UP YOUNDER ON 7/17/10.  I MISS HER DEARLY!  SHE GRACED MY LIFE AT THE AGE OF 3 YEARS OLD.  ONCE I SEEN HER I KNEW SHE WAS THE ONE.  I PUT MY HAND OUT SHE PUT OUT HER PAW AND THE REST WAS HISTORY.  MIDGET CAME INTO MY LIFE FOR A PURPOSE.   LIKE MOST THINGS OR PEOPLE.  SHE HELP ME THROUGH HARD TIMES EMOTIONALLY.  MIDGET KEPT ME WARM AND ALWAYS WAS BY MY SIDE.  SHE WAS OFTEN UP SET WITH ME AFTER BEING PICKED UP FROM THE GROOMER BUT WAS VERY FORGIVING.  

MIDGET CONTRIBUTED TO ME DEVELOPING A RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER ANIMALSI SOON ADOPTED A BROTHER FOR HER SO THAT SHE WOULD NOT BE LONELY WHEN I WAS AWAY.  MIDGET CONTINUES TO INSPIRE ME TO LOVE NOT ONLY HER BROTHER BUT OTHER ANIMALS.  I AM NOT FEARFUL OF LOVING ANOTHER DOG.  SHE HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND IF YOU STOP HAVING RELATIONSHIPS YOU STOP LOVING AND LIVING.  ALL RELATIONSHIP ARE BROUGHT TO US FOR SO MANY REASONS.  MIDGET HAD BEEN WAITING FOR ME ALL MY LIFE.  

THE SPECIAL CHARACTERISTICS OF MY RELATIONSHIP THAT FORMED A PARTNERSHIP WAS MIDGET WILLING TO LOVE ME REGARDLESS OF HOW I FELT OR HOW SHE FELT.  THIS MADE ME DEVELOP A LIFE LONG PARTNERSHIP WITH ANIMALS FOREVER.

I BELIEVE MY EXPERIENCE WITH RELATIONSHIPS ENABLES ME THE ABILITY TO BE AN ACTIVE, REFLECTIVE CONTRIBUTOR, AND WILL BE DISPLAYED IN MY ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND MY STUDENTS UNIQUE LEARNING STYLES.  THE IMPACT OF EACH STUDENT LEARNING AND WORKING IN THEIR LEARNING STYLES WILL SHOW THROUGH THEIR TESTING AND GRADE LEVELS.  RELATIONSHIPS HAVE GIVEN ME THIS GIFT!

5 comments:

  1. Audrey, hearing about your relationship with Midget touched my heart dearly! I don't know how it feels to have an animal pass away but one of my cousin had to give up her dog. It was the hardest thing she ever had to do and she cried for two weeks over her dog. I find it amazing how relationships have evolved so much over the years. Often, I find people to cherish the relationship they have with their pets than with human beings. Is it because animals sympathize with our feelings better than human beings?

    Nevertheless, I love how your relationship with Midget has inspired you to be understanding towards your students. It's a really beautiful gift your dog, Midget, gave you. I really enjoyed reading your blog and now you've made me consider getting my children a dog! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. STACY,

    THANKS, FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ ABOUT MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MIDGET. SHE WAS ONE OF A KIND. SHE ACTUALLY WAS ATTACKED BY A PITBULL. MIDGET AND BUTCH HER BROTHER WERE COMING BACK IN FROM A WALK ON THEIR LEASH WITH MY HUSBAND. GOD SPARED ME FROM BEING THE ONE THAT DAY. BECAUSE ACTUALLY, IT WAS MY TIME TO WALK THEM. WE WALK OUR DOGS THREE TIMES A DAY! RATHER IS RAIN OR SNOWING. SHE LIVED BUT WAS GOING DOWN FAST. I DECIDED THAT SATURDAY MORNING TO PUT HER DOWN. I HELD HER IN MY ARMS AND PUT HER ON THE TABLE AS THEY INJECTED HER, I TOLD HER MOMMY IS SO SORRY! SHE KNEW THE LOVE WE HAD FOR EACH OTHER. I MISS HER EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE. I OFTEN USE TO HEAR PEOPLE SAY "THEIR DOG DIE AND THEY WILL NEVER GET ANOTHER DOG." HONESTLY, I USE TO THINK MIDGET WOULD NEVER DIE JUST AS LONG AS I TOOK GOOD CARE OF HER. I WILL ALWAYS HAVE A DOG. THERE IS SO MUCH THAT COMES FROM CARING FOR ANIMAL. THERE IS SO MUCH YOU RECIEVE AND CAN GIVE TO OTHERS AND CHILDREN. IT WOULD BE SUCH A WASTE NOT TO SHARE ALL THE GIFTS WITH SOMEONE ELSE. IT WOULD BE LIKE MIDGET NEVER EXISTED AND SHE DID LIVE AND STILL DOES WITHIN ME EVER DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey,
    I'm reminded by your reflections of a movie with Richard Gere and Hachiko in Hachi: A Dog's Story. I love animals but have never had the kind of relationship that connects like yours or the one in the Hachi movie. It is certainly something very wonderful and worth taking a closer look. My son wants a dog, but my husband and I have not decided yet on how to handle that request :)
    CCWhite

    Richard Gere and Hachiko in Hachi: A Dog's Story. Retrieved at http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/275585

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Audrey,
    Thanks for sharing your story. We had a Chihuahua who thought he was a BIG dog and got caught between two other dogs that were fighting. We lost him as well. "Foxer" was our first baby. Since I grew up on a farm we had lots of pets too. My pets are bigger now: 3 guarter horses, a herd of beef cattle, and a golden retriever named Bailey.
    Pets are special!!
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Audrey,
    I recently stayed with family in Honolulu and I remember my cousin sharing about her dog Nala, and how Nala came into her and her husband's lives at a very difficult time in their relationship and having her added to their family actually helped them face that hard season and get through it. Also, reading about your story about midget reminded me of my mother in law who just lost her dog who was also attached by a bigger dog. It was so sad for her as this dog meant a lot in her life. We have human relationships, most of which are complicated, and sometimes having a pet is a lot of work, but for the most part they are unconditional in their commitment to us. Sometimes it's a good reminder for us to also be unconditional with those we love.

    ReplyDelete