Monday, February 14, 2011

Examining Codes of Ethics

Ethics Codes

4. We shall utilize collaborative and interdisciplinary research for strengthening linkages between
the research and practice communities, as well as for improving the quality of life of children with
disabilities and their families.

1. We shall demonstrate in our behavior and language respect and appreciation for the unique value
and human potential of each child.

3. We shall strive for the highest level of personal and professional competence by seeking and
using new evidence based information to improve our practices while also responding openly to
the suggestions of others.

I believe upon the principle that learning is most effective and meaningful when the student and teacher contribute and take onwnership of the learning process.  I believe each is a unique individual and must be treated with respect and great care.  I believe the institutional learning environment should create a climate that allows students to be accepted for who they are, and allow them to go as far as they can achieve.  I believe the goal of education is to broaden the mind assist students how to think and educate themselves in oder to be prepared and function in society.  During my professional life I have always seeked up to date information that will help my students achieve their goals.  I will continue to do so throughout my profession.  I am always standing and willing to collaborate with my peers to help other researchers.  I believe strongly in this practice.  This is how we all continue to learn by helping others.


1 comment:

  1. I know when I was creating this blog I had a little bit of a hard time deciding which ones related to me. All of them are equally important and in some form relate to me in the education field. A child's mind isnt just an empty vessel to fill, but a fire to be ignited.

    ReplyDelete