Friday, July 1, 2011

Establishing Professional Contacts

ESTABLISHING PROFESSIONAL CONTACTS
1.  This week the steps I took to locate and contact two professional in Australia, China Hong Kong and Beijing were to email, introducing myself, telling them where I attend college, I gave them information about my class and about my first assignment.  I asked each of them would they help me over the next weeks in talking about trends and issues in early childhood in their area.

2.  I also subscribed to Australia, China Hong Kong and Beijing's newsletters in attempt of establishing contact with a professional.

3.  I have not gotten an answer after attempting to establishing communication.  I have waited for the last days to hear from someone before posting my assignment.  If I don't hear from some one next week, I will have to choose the alternate assignment for Part 1.


4.  I chose the organization of UNICEF.  I basically clicked on the website located in the resources and chose a country I was interested in learning about.  Then I read about how long the organization has been established in the area.

5.  The website I decided to study was Australia's website.  The website gives valuable information in how long the website has been established trying to help support children.
 

6.  The helpful tips I can share with you is just to read everything at the top of the website and the different areas that the website represent.  The other hit is apply to more than two professionals and organization's.


7.   I do not have a question yet for my colleagues concerning this project yet. 

2 comments:

  1. I too have have the same hurdles with establishing contact with ECE professionals outside the States. i though I wouldn't have an issue seeing that my family is from a different country and we have many educators within the family, and in addition to that I have many family members in other countries including England, Australia, and Ireland. I too have had no success and will probably be resorting to the alternative assignment as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have found a few hurdles with establishing contact with others. But I will try to contact more than the required in hope of a better response before going to the alternative. Thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete